· Back Plate: an oval or rectangular plate that holds the doorknob in place
· Backset: distance of the center of the doorknob or key cylinder from the edge of the door; most residential doors have 2 3/8” and most commercial doors have 2 3/4” backsets. The ideal backset isone half the width of the stile.
· C to C: the distance between screw holes measured from center to center of the holes.
· Double cylinder deadbolt: has keyed cylinder on both interior and exterior.
· Dummy set: fixed doorknobs that do not turn often used on pairs of doors.
· Escutcheon: keyhole plate.